Aadhar Card has now become the most crucial and important document for anyone in India as a proof of identity. It is now being accepted for verification purposes in all major services. If you have not received your physical copy, you can also download e aadhar card online.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has provided this online facility at its official website – www.uidai.gov.in .In this guide we will explain how you can download aadhar card online.
There are two options available to do this – using your Aadhar Number or the Enrollment Id Number.
Steps to Follow
1) First you have to open the Official UIDAI website – https://uidai.gov.in/
2) Find the ‘Download Aadhar’ option on the homepage and click on the link.. You will be taken to this page – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
3) On this page enter the details asked in the form like the enrollment id number, full name , pin code and mobile number.
4) After entering these details, Click on “ Get one time password ”. The OTP password will be sent to your registered mobile no.
5) Enter the OTP and click on ‘Validate and Download’ button.
6) Your e Aadhar card is now ready to download. The e aadhar card will be in pdf format.
7) The pdf file is password protected for security reasons and prevent others from opening it. To open the pdf file, you need to enter postal code number.
8) After opening the file, you can take aadhar card print out and use it.
Now you can use this printed aadhar card just like a physical card and it is accepted as a valid proof of identification across the country. This online facility provided by the UIDAI is very helpful in emergency situation where you need aadhar.
How to find the 14 digit Enrollment ID Number ?
What if you do not have your enrollment id and aadhar number. Do not worry as we also have published a guide on it. Follow the step by step process to know your EID / UID on the UIDAI website.
1) Open the Find UID / EID page on UIDAI website through this link – https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid . You will also fin this link on the homepage.
2) Under the Retrieve your lost EID / UID option, select any one option.
3) Enter your full name as registered in your Aadhar. Then enter your registered Email Id or Mobile no.
4) Click on the button ‘Send One Time Password’. The OTP will be sent on your registered phone and also your email address.
5) Enter the OTP and Click on ‘Verify OTP’ button. After this step the UID or EID (depending on the option you selected in the second step) will be sent to your mobile no.
Now that you have successfully retrieved your aadhar number or enrollment id, you can easily download your e aadhar card online at www.uidai.gov.in