It has been in the news, that many people have received their aadhar card which has some incorrect information printed on it. It also happens that people want to change or update their aadhar information like address, registered phone number, etc.
It may be due to many reasons like a person who has relocated, will want to change his address or if a person has changed his mobile phone number, he/she would like to update the new phone number in aadhar.
The UIDAI has provided a online facility by which aadhar card holders can change their details on the official UIDAI website – www.uidai.gov.in
Follow this Step by Step Guide
1) Open the Aadhar Self Service Update Portal on the UIDAI website through this link – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
2) Now on this page you will be asked for details. Enter your 12 digit aadhar number and click on the ‘Send OTP’ button.
3) You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile number in aadhar in a few seconds. Now using this OTP and Captcha code login in the update portal.
4) Now from the options, select what you want to change. You will also have to upload scanned self attested documents for the changes to take place.
5) Once you have filled the correct information and uploaded the documents, Click the submit button.
6) Now you see a Update request complete message displayed on the screen along with the Update Request Number (URN). Note this URN as you can use this to track the status of your update request application.
Note – As of now, you can only change or update some of your aadhar details like – Name, Mobile Number, Address, Gender, Birth Date, Email ID. For other changes you will have to visit a aadhar center personally.
Also you will require your registered mobile number as the OTP will be sent on that number. In case you do not have it, you can also choose offline option to make the changes through post.