The UIDAI has now introduced a facility by which you can search your aadhar card by name and check the status of your aadhar online in just a few minutes. Even if you do not have your enrollment id or aadhar number, you just need to fill up your registered mobile number, email id and name to get your work done.
Follow these simple steps
1) Open this page on the UIDAI website – https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
2) As you can see, on the left hand side of the page, you have two options. Select any one option – Aadhar Number (UID) or Enrolment Number (EID) under the ‘You want to retrieve your lost’ section.
3) Now Enter your Full Name. The name should be same as registered in your aadhar.
4) Enter your email address and registered mobile number.
5) Enter the security code shown in the image on the screen.
6) Click on the ‘Send One Time Password Button’ to get the OTP pin.
7) You will receive the OTP on your registered mobile no. and your email id address in 1 to 2 minute.
8) Now enter this OTP in the ‘Enter OTP’ box and click on the ‘Verify OTP’ button.
9) You will receive your UID / EID on your mobile phone.
10) Now after this, its time to check your aadhar card. Open the following page on the UIDAI Website – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
11) Now select ‘Enrolment Id’ or ‘Aadhar’ under the I have option and enter the one you received on your mobile phone.
12) Enter all the details asked like – Full Name, Pin Code, Mobile No., Captcha and Click on the ‘Get One Time Password’ button.
13) You will receive the OTP in as a message in your phone inbox. Enter this OTP and click on the ‘Validate and Download’ button.
14) Now you can download your aadhar card copy. Enter your area pincode to open the file.
This service introduced by the UIDAI has been very helpful for people, as many people loose their card for various reasons. Since, aadhar has become such an important document, people do not have to worry any more as they can easily search by name and download their card.
Since the process has become online, people do not have to physically go to aadhar centers and wait in long queues or book appointment for this work. Earlier when this facility was unavailable, it was very troublesome to get this done.