If you want to check your aadhar card status and track the progress of your application, you can do it on the official UIDAI website – www.uidai.gov.in
There are different ways you can find the status like using the online method at UIDAI website or using your registered mobile phone number. We have prepared a step by step guide to explain you the process in details. So let see these methods one by one.
Check Aadhar Card Status on the official UIDAI website ( www.uidai.gov.in )
1) First thing you need to do is visit the Check aadhar status page on UIDAI website through this link – https://resident.uidai.net.in/check-aadhaar-status
2) Now fill your 14 digit Enrolment ID, Date / Time correctly in the boxes provided in the form. You can find the Enrollment id and Date/ Time on your enrollment acknowledgement slip given to you at the time of enrollment.
3) Now enter the security code (captcha code), that will be displayed on the screen. Now Click on the ‘Check Status’ button at the end.
Now you will see the status displayed on the screen that your aadhar is generated.
Check Aadhar Card Status using phone (Toll – Free Number)
First dial the toll free number 1800-300-1947.
Follow the steps and using this aadhar toll free number, you can check your card status without internet service and free of cost, anywhere and anytime.
This is the best and the most easiest and efficient way to perform aadhar card status enquiry.
Check Aadhar Status by SMS
So, what if you do not have internet access. Well, you need not worry as you can also track the aadhar card enrollment status using your mobile phone. You just have to send a SMS to UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) and in few seconds you will receive your aadhar status on your mobile.
You can only send the SMS from your registered mobile number to get the card status. Registered mobile number is the one you have provided during the aadhar enrollment process. Also, you will have to bear the charge of SMS that your mobile operator will charge you at normal SMS rates.
So lets see the step by step process.
Type the SMS like this – UID STATUS (14-digit Enrollment Number)
Note – Remove the brackets – () and enter your 14 digit enrollment no.
Send the SMS to 51969
Now you will receive a message response from UIDAI with the status – If it is generated, you will receive a congratulation message stating that the aadhar has been generated or in case it is not generated, you will receive a message stating that it is under progress.
How to Download Aadhar card Online from UIDAI website
Now that you know the status of your card, you can download aadhar card online from the UIDAI website free of cost. You can download and print the e aadhar card in few simple steps. This e aadhar card comes in handy in case you haven’t received your card yet on your registered address.
There are two options available to do this – using your Aadhar Number or the Enrollment Id Number.
Steps to Follow
1) First you have visit the Official UIDAI website or open this Link – https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
2) Now you will see a page where you will have to enter some details. Select Enrollment Id or Aadhar from the I have option at the top.
3) Enter the details asked in the form like the Enrollment Id / Aadhar Number, Full name , Pin code, captcha code and mobile number.
4) After entering these details, Click on “ Get one time password ”. The OTP password will be sent to your registered mobile no.
5) Enter the OTP and click on ‘Validate and Download’ button.
6) Your e Aadhar card is now ready to download. The e aadhar card will be in pdf format.
7) The pdf file is password protected for security reasons and to prevent others from opening it. To open the pdf file, you need to enter your postal code number.
8) After opening the file, you can take aadhar card print out and use it.
You can use this printed aadhar card anywhere in India as a identification document as it is valid proof of identity all over India. This facility is very useful in case you lost or have not received your physical card from UIDAI yet. You can download e aadhar card and use the print out in situations it is needed.
How to Change address in Aadhar Card
It has happened to many people that their address was wrongly printed on their card. Or it may happen that you have relocated and want to change your registered address in the aadhar card.
Do not worry, you can change the address in your aadhar card very easily. UIDAI has provided this facility even online, so anyone with an internet connection can do it online.
We have prepared this simple guide to explain you how you can make aadhar card correction on UIDAI website.
1) Open the Aadhar Self Service Update portal through this link – https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
2) Now on this Page Enter your Aadhar Number and Click on Send OTP.
3) The One Time Password will be sent to your registered mobile number with aadhar.
4) Enter this password and move on to the next step. Now you will see a number of options that you can update. In this case, select the ‘address change’ option.
5) Now you will have to upload any valid document for address proof. After this step you will receive a Update Request Number (URN), wich is also sent to your mobile number.
Keep a note of this URN number as you can use it to track the status of your request.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has been assigned for the task of creating a system of unique identification of every individual Indian citizens and NRI (Non Resident Indian) by the Indian Government.
Aadhaar is a unique twelve digit number assigned to every aadhar card holder by the UIDAI. It can be used anywhere in India for identification purposes. In fact it is now becoming the most crucial identification document in India.
You need a aadhar card for many government services and also private companies, banks and other service providers treat Aadhar as one one the most important document for verification purposes. You can guess this by the tagline itself.